A Next.js 14 and App Router-ready ecommerce template featuring:
- Next.js App Router
- Optimized for SEO using Next.js's Metadata
- React Server Components (RSCs) and Suspense
- Server Actions for mutations
- Edge Runtime
- New fetching and caching paradigms
- Dynamic OG images
- Styling with Tailwind CSS
- Checkout and payments with Shopify
- Automatic light/dark mode based on system settings
Vercel will only be actively maintaining a Shopify version as outlined in our vision and strategy for Next.js Commerce.
Vercel is happy to partner and work with any commerce provider to help them get a similar template up and running and listed below. Alternative providers should be able to fork this repository and swap out the
lib/shopify file with their own implementation while leaving the rest of the template mostly unchanged.
- Shopify (this repository)
- BigCommerce (Demo)
- Medusa (Demo)
- Saleor (Demo)
- Shopware (Demo)
- Swell (Demo)
- Umbraco (Demo)
- Wix (Demo)
Note: Providers, if you are looking to use similar products for your demo, you can download these assets.
Integrations enable upgraded or additional functionality for Next.js Commerce
- Orama (Demo)
- Upgrades search to include typeahead with dynamic re-rendering, vector-based similarity search, and JS-based configuration.
- Search runs entirely in the browser for smaller catalogs or on a CDN for larger.
You will need to use the environment variables defined in
.env.example to run Next.js Commerce. It's recommended you use Vercel Environment Variables for this, but a
.env file is all that is necessary.
Note: You should not commit your
.envfile or it will expose secrets that will allow others to control your Shopify store.
- Install Vercel CLI:
npm i -g vercel
- Link local instance with Vercel and GitHub accounts (creates
- Download your environment variables:
vercel env pull
pnpm install pnpm dev
Your app should now be running on localhost:3000.
Expand if you work at Vercel and want to run locally and / or contribute
- Select the
- Connect to the existing
vc env pullto get environment variables.
pnpm devto ensure everything is working correctly.
Vercel, Next.js Commerce, and Shopify Integration Guide
You can use this comprehensive integration guide with step-by-step instructions on how to configure Shopify as a headless CMS using Next.js Commerce as your headless Shopify storefront on Vercel.